To inform thee planning we are holding a consultation process. We would love to hear your views on how WiSA can best serve you and effectively fulfil our mandate.
You can have your say by completing our short survey using the link below or submitting a written proposal to email@example.com by 30th April 2022
TAKE THE SURVEY:
For more information please see below:
WHY IS WOMEN IN SURGERY AFRICA (WiSA) HOLDING A CONSULTATION?
Women in Surgery Africa (WiSA) was launched in December 2015 and is publishing its third Strategic Plan in May 2022.
This Strategic Plan will guide our work for the period of 2023-2026. We are committed to preparing this Strategy in a way that listens to the views of interested organisations and individuals.
WHAT IS A CONSULTATION?
The process of consultation is an extremely important concept in the context of managing an organization. Organizations exist to create value for stakeholders and consultation is a process by which the management of the organization (the WiSA Board) aims to better understand the needs, wants and expectations of stakeholders, so that value can be created.
Consultation is an active process which opens formal and informal communication channels between the organization and its stakeholders.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE WiSA CONSULTATION?
The purpose of the WiSA Consultation is:
- To invite stakeholders to provide advice to the WiSA Board about their needs, wants and expectations. In other words, tell WiSA what value stakeholders want and how WiSA can provide this value.
- To invite stakeholders to comment on plans that have been created by the WiSA Board so as to provide this value requested by stakeholders.
We welcome your views on our goals and direction in the future.
WHO IS THE CONSULTATION FOR?
We would like to hear from a wide variety of people, groups and organisations who are interested in, and concerned surgical training and care, global health, women’s rights and equality including:
- WiSA Members
- Female Surgeons in Africa/Members of Women in Surgery groups worldwide
- COSECSA Members & Fellows
- Global Health Stakeholders
- Non-Governmental Organizations concerned with healthcare in Africa
WHAT IS THE WiSA CONSULTATION ABOUT?
WiSA are proposing six goals:
Goal 1: Increase participation of women in surgery/surgical training programmes in Africa.
Goal 2: Develop training, research and career professional development opportunities for women surgeons/trainees in Africa.
Goal 3: Increase opportunities of women surgeons in academic and leadership positions within the College
Goal 4: Develop sustainable partnerships with national/international stakeholders interested in supporting WiSA.
Goal 5: Raise awareness of gender equality and equity issues in surgery booth in training and at the work place.
Goal 6: Establish WiSA governance and financial management systems.
Our goals were developed in the context of our mandate and functions as set out under our by-laws and under the Constitution of the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA).
HOW CAN I HAVE MY SAY?
You can contribute to the WiSA Consultation in a number of ways:
- You can complete our online survey here: CLICK HERE
- You can send a written response outlining your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may be invited to attend a consultation meeting with the WiSA Board.
All submissions must be received by 30th April 2022.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE CONSULTATION?
We will prepare a report of the consultation based on the feedback we receive. This will be published on the WiSA website and will inform the development of the WiSA Strategic Plan 2023-2026 which will be launched in October 2022 during the virtual annual WiSA event.